Late Addition: Yesterday, I finally became a DU member!
Interesting events from the week thus far…
- Sunday, I had lunch and dinner with the ’80s-era singles from my church, and we went to see “Eagle Eye” in the evening. I very much enjoyed that movie.
- Monday, I discovered that our company had unknowingly purchased illegitimate copies of Photoshop CS2 from Amazon. It was the most exciting nerd-sleuthing episode of my life! (Pictures to come – maybe.)
- Monday, I also got an awesomely cheap lunch: hamburger, baked potato with ALL the fixings and a drink for $4.99. I also got the rest of the team to man up and try frozen custard from Sheridan’s.
- Today, we had our annual all-staff meeting. Even though we faced some hard times this year, we still managed to have a little money in the till that they split up among everyone. Being temporary, my assumption was that I wouldn’t get anything, so I left the meeting and went straight for the free pizza (BBQ pizza makes me want to weep for joy, btw). Little did I know my friend from payroll would stop by later with my check! So freaking exciting. The dollar amount just happens to match the total in my Amazon shopping cart right now, which makes me think I should throw caution to the wind and complete the transaction. A digital camera would be nice… But it does cost more than a sweater, is less easily returned and has been on the docket for the past several years already – that tells you how nervous it makes me. =P
Potential excitement for the rest of the week…
- New digital camera?
- The impending arrival of “The Office: Season 3” (gosh, I’m such a spendthrift)
- Trying to figure out how to cash a check at a bank where I have no account (but my company does)
- Trying out a different class at church tomorrow night
- Having the house to myself from Oct. 2-8